Here is the list of the 35 names sought for detention by the Thai Army.
This has been done in a rush but I've included what I know about them - if you know more add as a comment with the corresponding number.
As far as I can tell there are NO "Democrat" Party members included on this list.
1. Mr. Krieng Kantinan
2. Pol. Lt. Gen Chalong Sonjai
3. Pol. Gen Pracha Phomnok - former minister of justice
4. Mr. Phipatchai Paiboon
5. Mr. Sonthi Limthongkul - former leader of PAD movement
6. Mr. Worachet Phakkirat - academic, lawyer and member of pro-democracy and progressive Nitirat group of law experts and academics
7. Mr. Phetchawat Wattanaphongsirikul - leader of Red Shirts in Chiang Mai
8. Pol Prasit Chaiyasrisa - former Pheu Thai MP
9. Mr. Somsak Thepsuthin - former Pheu Thai MP
10. Mr. Suwat Liptaphanlop - former Deputy PM to Thaksin Shinawatra
11. Mr. Anuthin Chanwirakul - former leader of Bhum Jai Thai Party.
12. Mr. Suthin Khlangsaeng
13. Mr. Surachai Tanwattananusorn - Also known as Surachia Sae-dan. Former lese majeste prisoner and political activist.
14. Mr. Sunai Chulaphongsathorn - former Pheu Thai MP and pro-democracy activist
15. Mr. Sa-gnuan Phongmanee
16. Mr. Pavin Chatchawalpongpan - academic, not in country
17. Mr. Thanapol Eawsakul - editor of pro-democracy Same Sky magazine.
18. Mr. Nat Satthayapornpisut - former lese majeste prisoner
19. Mr. Jakraphan Borirak - pro-democracy activist and Red Shirt radio host.
20. Mr. Thanthawut Thaweewatlodomkul - former lese majeste prisoner
21. Mr. Warawut Thanangkorn
22. Mr. Somsak Jiamthirasakul - Thai academic and historian
23. Mr. Suraphak Phuchaisaeng - former lese majeste prisoner and pro-democracy activist
24. Mr. Suraphot Thaweesak
25. Mr. Phanthiwa Phumiprathet
26. Chanin Klaiklung - Air force officer awaiting trial for lese majeste.
27. Mr. Nitiwat Wanasiri
28. Mr. Saran Chuichai
29. Miss Suda Rangkuphan - Thai academic and pro-democracy political activist
30. Mr. Traiwong Sinsuppon
31. Mr. Chai-anan Phaisithong
32. Mr. Chut (?) Yonoknakphan
33. Mr. Wat Wanlayangkul - author and writer
34. Miss Saotri Suksri - member of pro-democracy and progressive Nitirat group of law experts and academics
35. Mrs. Sutsa-nguan Sutthison - Thai academic and pro-democracy political activist
cannot see any neo-fascists in this list who broke every law in the country past few months; suthep's thugs who murdered, stole, raped, and nearly destoyed the national economyReplyDelete
Mr. Sonthi Limthongkul - former leader of PAD movementDelete
You can't get more fascist than him.
Then the intelligence will need to run. There is no way democracy will flourish if most of the independent thinkers allow themselves to be captured.ReplyDelete